/>
If you {heart} Close To My Heart, then this challenge blog is for you! Please read our revised rules, above.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Stitching up some artwork

We loved everyone's Back to School projects - thanks for playing along! Our prize winner was selected by Random.org and the winner of Christine's awesome package is......19. KIM! Congratulations Kim! Please send me your address so Christine can get your prize sent out. My email is mbryt1@bex.net

A BIG Thank You to Christine for sponsoring our prize. Don't forget that you can find a link to Christine's blog and website (as well as all of our tremendous sponsors) on our sponsor page.

This week, we are welcoming a returning sponsor - Ruth Nava. Ruth will be providing a prize to a lucky player from this week's challenge which is all about STITCHING! This can be real stitching or faux stitching, hand stitching or pen drawn stitching - whatever you would like as long as we can see signs of stitching on your artwork (and of course, you use mostly CTMH products!)

Our Guest DT, Amy, is joining us for her final challenge as part of the DT and she sewed up a great project - take a look:

Isn't that adorable? Thanks Amy for joining us - we've enjoyed your beautiful artwork!

And now for the rest of the team and their stitched projects:








So what do you think? Pretty darn awesome, aren't they? I always enjoy seeing what variety this team - and all of YOU - come up with, each and every challenge. Are you ready to get stitching? We are looking forward to seeing what you can create. Sew (hehehe) get creative, post your artwork and then leave us a link. Be sure to post before 10:00 pm EST on Sunday in order to be eligible for Ruth's prize!

Ready, set, STITCH!

19 comments:

Stamp n Fun with Debi said...

This was a fun challenge. It made me get out that old sewing machine and get creative. Thanks!

Create With Joy said...

Thanks for the challenge - love the inspiring artwork!

Ramona
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

Karen Day said...

I LOVE stitching on cards! Couldn't make this one fast enough :o)

Desirae said...

This was a fun project. Sometimes I forget just how cute stitching can be!

Anonymous said...

My first time to try hand stitching. Thanks for the challenge.

Romaine said...

This was fun! I hope that I have used enough CTMH...:0)

Courtney Milburn said...

Stitching on scrapbook pages is one of my favorite things. I don't even know how to sew for real...it is the only way I have ever used my machine :)

B said...

I missed last week due to school preparations! I made sure to make time for this week's!

Christine David said...

I love stitching on projects. My friend Alicia always laughs at me because I enjoy doing so by hand, although this example shows that I figured out how to use my sewing machine - for the important stuff of course sewing on scrapbooking & stamping projects. :)

Christine
www.createwithchristine.com/blog.html

Melissa Laverty said...

Well this just worked perfectly with my post for this week! Love stitching just wish I had time to do more of it on my pages! hmmm, might be an inspiration for a layout I'm working on...I'll get back to you...

Anonymous said...

JUST FOUND THIS BLOG AND I THINK YOU WILL SEE ME EVERY WEEK... LOVE CTMH.. BEEN A MEMBER OF MY SISTER IN LAW CLUB, AND HAVE LOTS OF LEFT OVER THAT NEEDS INSPIRATION AND CHALLENGE TO BE USE... AND I THINK I FOUND IT...

THANKS..

IVETTE...
JUST ENTER MY ENTRY... COOL..

Debra Blake said...

Great challenge!! Really had me thinking for awhile...check out my simple and sweet layout at http://cdebbiscrap.blogspot.com.

Debbie Carriere said...

The design teams' work is fantastic as usual. Thanks for the inspiration to keep out my sewing machine :)

Jody Gustafson said...

Love to sew! Especially on cards and scrapbook pages. Thanks for the challenge.

Unknown said...

I LOVE to sew both the usual way with fabric and in my paper crafting. I was so excited to see this challenge. I decide to include in my entry a layout with Real stitching and a card with Faux Stitching. Thanks for the Challenge.
You can see my entry here--http://craftycreationsbykathy.blogspot.com/2010/08/heart-2-heart-challenge-stitching.html

Kathleen

Kathy said...

Hello and thank you for the Challenge opportunity... I loved it and challenged myself to sew on my card. I love Halloween so I have used that theme to create this design.

Find my design here: http://oldworlddesigns.blogspot.com/2010/08/heart-2-heart-challenge-stitching.html

Kathy said...

Hello Again... I have posted another attempt as I have had so much fun with one of my favourite themes and the sewing challenge. Thank you again Heart to Heart for your great challenge opportunities.

Nalazoo said...

Since I was going to be on the road...I had to do hand-stitching and faux stitching. Love all the DT artwork - would love to see some of them in more detail...and in person :-)

Adeline E. Brill said...

I cheated this time - my life the last few months has been WILD! I thought I would share some sewing from my life when I had time for F-U-N....